Tuesday 9 January 2018

Imagine if it wasn’t “Afternoons with Mora” but instead it was “Afternoons with Graham Norton” (June 21, 2013)

  1. North18
    This is for friend Morrissey:
    Imagine if it wasn’t “Afternoons with Mora” but instead it was “Afternoons with Graham Norton” (which is my viewing right now on 3).
    Sorry there Mensa Mora (Affable Cock), but Graham Norton muchmuchmuchmuchmuch cleverer than you, bro’. In all the ways that matter. Yeah……fair enough it’s a completely different genre but still……
    I’ll never forget the anagram of “Tory Cunts”. And the Graham Norton delivery. In fact I do forget the anagram itself but since the root was his whole point, that’s what I remembered.
    Clever and funny as hell ! Is there a link anywhere for that ?
    Akshilly………..in recent times I’ve heard MM on one or two occasions give comment on “issues” in a way that acknowledges the real life depth and scope of the “issue”. Like maybe his immensity has finally cottoned on to a human vibe which involves at least trying to imagine walking someone elses’ mocassins.
    As opposed to the irritating Gushing Hurrah Henry-Ness of the man and the vanity of his slip into foreign European language to make a point in English. Hhmm……….no facility I note in Polynesian or Maori language.
    In fact I emailed him once to say, lightly of course, “Dear Jime-Mow-Ray…….listen chap, its not Hon-A Harawira, its Haw-Neh…….
    Didn’t even get a response. Was expecting some sparkling eurocentric wit. Not a giggle and no improvement either.
  2. Morrissey19
    Didn’t even get a response. Was expecting some sparkling eurocentric wit. Not a giggle and no improvement either.
    You should have included a racist rant and signed it “Michael Bassett.” He would have read it then.
    • North19.1
      Bassett ? Bassett ??
      Years ago worked in Mt Albert. Near to, I think it was Kelly’s Caltex, in the dip at the bend 300 metres east of Mt Albert lights on New North Road. Closed now.
      Well, I pull in there to get some gas and who should be fluffing around putting gas in his pretty tawdry BMW, squinting embarrassingly through his spectacles, but Michael (What a Baaaad Speech) Bassett.
      Honestly, it ran through my head to march up to him and denounce him as a simpering fucking scab.
      Didn’t.
      Doesn’t change the fact. Him and all the others. They did a bigger con-job than Crosby Textor could dream about. Paradoxically, riding the “Labour Bus” all the way to the scab launching pad.
      While also using and abusing the fineness which resided in David Lange.
      • Murray Olsen19.1.1
        I was walking my dog once when we came across Roger Douglas and some rich pricks in a sidewalk restaurant on Jervois Rd. I loudly informed the dog that if she knew what an asshole he was, she’d bite him. A few people laughed, probably at me rather than with me, but that’s life.
  3. Anne20
    I remember that petrol station North. Disappeared years ago. Just up the road (back towards the traffic lights) there was a small community hall – now the community constable’s office – where we held our monthly electorate meetings. Those were the days when we used to have as many as 25 to 30 people attend our ordinary business meetings. When Helen Clark became our candidate (1980) I recall her arriving on the noisiest motorscooter that I’ve ever encountered. We could hear her coming 1/2 a kilometre away – slight exaggeration. Fortunately she exchanged it for a car soon afterwards.
    I never found out what exactly happened, but she had an almighty row with Michael Bassett and anyone who dared mention his name during the campaign period that followed invariably ended up with a flea in their ear. Those were the days when Helen was still able to be her natural self.
    I miss her. I miss her stewardship of the country.
    Btw, did you know that Bassett and Lange were related. Second cousins I think it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment