Tuesday 23 January 2018

"weka" has a go at John Pilger. (Aug. 22, 2015)

weka7
I see John Pilger is being interviewed on RNZ in the morning about Assange. Whatever other interesting and useful things he has to say, I’ll also be listening to see if he has learnt how not to support rape culture in his support for Assange.
He’s also going to be talking about Corbyn.
  • Morrissey7.1
    If someone in the British secret services concocts a fantastic case against Jeremy Corbyn, you’ll no doubt be repeating those lies enthusiastically.
    • weka7.1.1
      Only if the person who writes about it misuses rape culture as part of their argument. In which case it won’t be lie, will it.
      • Morrissey7.1.1.1
        Your answer is totally confusing. Could you write in plain English please?
        • weka7.1.1.1.1
          Your answer was confusing too, but I assumed you meant I was lying about something (calling Pilger a rape apologist?). So if a govt attacks Corbyn and people defending Corbyn use rape culture in their defense in the way that Pilger has, I will name that. But it won’t be a lie because it’s just happened and I’m just making an observation about it.
          Of course I am guessing because you were obscure. How about you write in plain English?
          • Morrissey7.1.1.1.1.1
            Your answer was confusing too,
            No it was not. You know exactly what I meant.
            but I assumed you meant I was lying about something (calling Pilger a rape apologist?).
            Good. You do understand that I was calling you on your absurd lie.
            …..use rape culture in their defense in the way that Pilger has
            Could you expand on this bizarre claim, please? I suspect you’re already way out of your depth, but I’m willing for you to show us otherwise.
            I’m just making an observation about it
            You’re not making an “observation” about anything. You are simply reiterating one of the most brutal lies about a human rights activist that has been propagated in living memory. The viciousness of your mindless activity is not mitigated by the fact you write so poorly.
            • weka
              There’s nothing vicious in what I said, unless you are suggesting that a feminist having a political analysis of rape culture is vicious. Which is not an uncommon assertion, but that doesn’t make it any less absurd.
              If you want the detail, search ts for weka +pilger, I’ve commented on it before. That Pilger is so good in other ways is precisely the point that feminists have been making for a long time now. Left wing men still have large blind spots when it comes to the oppressions they take part in.
              Interestingly, if you want an example of how to write about Assange without promoting rape culture, look at CV’s post from the other day. He got his points across without using rape myths or undermining women who routinely get caught up in the politics of rape. That’s a very good sign.
              • Morrissey
                unless you are suggesting that a feminist having a political analysis of rape culture is vicious.
                There is not a shred of analysis in what you have said. You have merely recycled the black propaganda of the British and U.S. regimes. You might see such behaviour as virtuous, I see it as the very opposite.
                I have read what you said about Pilger, and it is as vacuous now as when it was first published on this mostly excellent forum.
                • weka
                  “There is not a shred of analysis in what you have said”
                  Not on this page, because all I did was name something.
                  “You have merely recycled the black propaganda of the British and U.S. regimes.”
                  Please link to where the British and US regimes have named Pilger as promoting rape culture. A couple of examples will suffice.
                  “You might see such behaviour as virtuous, I see it as the very opposite.”
                  I’d be very surprised if the British and US regimes had even considered the idea.
                  “I have read what you said about Pilger, and it is as vacuous now as when it was first published on this mostly excellent forum.”
                  That doesn’t match what you said before when you asked me to explain. I’m getting the sense of disingenuous here. I notice that you haven’t put up a single thing to refute my claim other than that Pilger is Great.
                  • Morrissey
                    Every one of the ridiculous, completely discredited accusations made against this dangerous, truth-telling, dissenting journalist is the result of deliberate lies orchestrated by the British secret services.
                    You need to seriously do some reading. Your naiveté is alarming, to say the least.
                    You might like to start by listening to someone else who was targeted in the same way as Assange, except the agents of his intended destruction were a little more ham-fisted and vulnerable than the likes of the odious Marianne Ny….
                  • weka
                    oh right, silly little feminists couldn’t come up with an argument of their own, they’re just parrotting the evil British SS.
                    You have failed to provide any evidence that the US or Brits have named Pilger as a rape apologist. Get a grip Morrisey, and put up an actual proper argument or fuck off. I can’t be bothered with a Pilger fanboy who just wants to spout florid rhetoric and move goal posts instead of discussing actual issues.
                  • Morrissey
                    “silly little feminists couldn’t come up with an argument of their own, they’re just parrotting the evil British SS.”
                    You’re trying to argue that the persecution of this dissenter is being organized by feminists? That’s about as foolish a thing as you’ve written here. And that’s saying something.
                    I note that Women Against Rape almost immediately denounced this ridiculous campaign, as did the young women who had been bullied and manipulated into complying with this obscene business.
                    Everything you have said about Pilger lacks even a hint of credibility.
                  • weka
                    I can’t tell if you are being extremely thick or just trying to wind me up. I think I’ll go for the latter.
                    To be clear, what I have said today has nothing to do with the persecution of Assange (or Pilger) by the US or UK.
                    You seem to think I am talking about the rape charges against Assange. I’m not.
                  • Morrissey
                    Then why are you making these nutty allegations about Pilger?
                  • weka
                    the only thing I’ve said about Pilger is that I hope he’s changed and doesn’t talking about Assange tomorrow in ways that promote rape culture. If you don’t understand what I mean by that, it’s up to you to ask.
                    All the other stuff about persecution by the state etc is what you’ve brought up, nothing to do with my point.
                  • greywarshark
                    Weka – Morrissey on Assange. Can anyone give me the result of the contest without me having to read it. I am guessing its nil all.
                  • weka
                    there is no contest. Morrissey went off on a mission of his own making that had nothing to do with my comment. Last time I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
                    Please don’t make his mistake. I wasn’t talking about Assange.

No comments:

Post a Comment