Thursday 3 January 2019

Breen vs. Te Reo Putake, Round 94 (Dec. 9, 2013)

  1. Te Reo Putake12
    The greens shoot themselves in the foot again!
    Just when you begin to think the Greens are looking like part of a Government, one of the has-beens from the Rogernomics era, again! shows that they have NFI how to get elected and they are still clinging desperately to the Neo-liberal paradigm.
    I’m going to have to reconsider whether I will give my party vote to the Greens now that they have exposed themselves as gutless wonders. What a sell out they are! The referendum is not even finished yet and here they are surrendering to the neo-liberal agenda like the toothless capitalist lickspittles they are!! I blame the so called “Doctor” Russel Norman, who has been obviously co-opted to do the bidding of the 1% in order to maintain his privileged lifestyle!!!
    • i thought it was quite a good example of lateral-thinking..
      ..a not that unsavoury means to the desired end..(ie..returning more ownership to the people..)
      ..and that’s quite the conspiracy-theory you have going there with norman..eh..?
      ..whoar..!..
      ..who knew..?..
      ..and re ‘so called’…i think he is entitled to call himself ‘dr’..eh..?..(a phd..)
      ..could you be more specific about just what it is about this proposal that is burring under yr saddle..?
      ..phillip ure..
      ..
      • bad1212.1.1
        Listening to Russell Norman on RadioNZ it would appear that the ‘idea’ is that an offer will be put to those who have bought the Meridian shares and who have now had second thoughts that they can forgo the 50 cent per share payment due on those shares in return for being allocated a lesser shareholding with the subtraction form their allocation of the number of shares matching the value of the 50 cent per share still owed,
        Seems logical economics to me with Russell pointing out the ‘sums’ where the Crown got to keep 67% of the meridian shares and being questioned about the efficacy of this where Crown debt repayments as per the added dividend from the extra 18% of shares would leave the Crown some 18 million dollars yearly better off,
        Hardly any sell out to anything Neo-Liberal as Te Reo’s whine suggests and i would suggest that posting such a comment is ‘in defense’ of David Cunliffe and David Parker who have copped some recent, and well deserved in my opinion, flak over the Labour plan to raise the age of superannuation entitlement a truly abhorrent piece of Neo-Liberalism(again in my opinion),
        Russell Norman nor Green Party members are in no way saying that the quite intelligent plan to offer the initial investors in Meridian an ‘out’ as far as paying the 50 cents a share owing on their initial take-up will or is the be all and end of of the re-aquisition of the sold off parts of the States assets simply a step in the right direction…
        • Tracey12.1.1.1
          sounded sensible to me too. People can go ahead and pay for their remaining shares if they want. NOT if they don’t. Good thinking by the Greens.
    • Morrissey12.2
      That’s a spectacular mis-reading of the Greens’ statement. It’s interesting to see your strategy of belittlement and misrepresentation in action on a whole party here, not just one person.
      Oh hang on! I see you’ve had a go at Russell Norman, deliberately mis-spelling his name, and putting sarcastic quote marks around his academic qualifications. You’ve even slung off at his “privileged lifestyle”.
      Thank God that, with the party finally seeing sense and installing someone electable as the leader, your faction of the Labour Party is in abeyance. I guess that posting nasty and dishonest personal attacks on the internet is some consolation for you, and you even have a support crew. Not a very good one, I’m sorry to say, but they’re there for you—though you will know perfectly well that they have about as much integrity as John Key.
      • Te Reo Putake12.2.1
        woooosh!!!
        ps, Doctor who?
        • Morrissey12.2.1.1
          When the malicious lies fail, the vacuous sound effects come in. You’re having a worse day than John Key, my friend. And that is a very bad day indeed.
          Why don’t you roll yourself a joint and smoke it, then come back to us, a mellower and a better man?
          And, counter-intuitive as it might seem, your remarks would be a lot less dopey.
          • Te Reo Putake12.2.1.1.1
            Dr who?
            • Morrissey12.2.1.1.1.1
              I acknowledge your surrender, my friend. Off you go now….
              [lprent: You know that it is unwise to use the pwned/owned/victory approach here. I get irritated about the resulting flamewars and have a tendency towards long sentences for whoever I think is inciting them whatever words they are using. Don’t do it again. I’ve already warned you about this. ]
              • Te Reo Putake
                Poor moz, ‘tiz you having the bad day. Not only incapable of spotting satire, even in its broadest and most obvious form (big hint; I nicked the opening words from the ‘labour shoots itself in foot’ post), but apparently equally unable to spot his own failings in the area of nomenclature related pedantry despite repeated gentle prodding:
                Dr who?
                • alwyn
                  Sorry TRP.
                  For some reason I didn’t see any of your comments on the name when I contributed my effort below. I wouldn’t have put it in if I had as your contribution was much better, even if appears to have been a bit to subtle for Morrissey.
                  • Morrissey
                    Te Reo Putake’s contribution was “much better” than yours? Yes it was, but that’s a really embarrassing thing to have to acknowledge.
                    • Te Reo Putake
                      Oh, dear Moz, have you not read the comments above? If it’ll help, there’s a reference or three there to your usual levels of accuracy being displayed around the spelling of Dr Russel Norman’s name.
                      Waiting ….
                • Draco T Bastard
                  Not only incapable of spotting satire,
                  It’s text, unless it’s got a /satire tag then the chances are it’s going to be missed. The problem wasn’t Morrissey’s inability to spot satire but your inability to communicate effectively.
                  • Rogue Trooper
                    satire…hmmm, how does one go about this I wonder… ðŸ˜›
                  • Te Reo Putake
                    Wooosh!
                    They had satire before the interwebs, Draco. Back in the day, people used their brains to recognise it and many were quite succesful at spotting satire when it was put in front of them without the need of further visual aids.
                    If you like, the next time I extract the urine, I’ll write two versions. One for the majority and one for the dullwitted. You’ll be able to spot the 2nd version because I’ll use an appropriate tag.
                    test: #draco.
                    Yep, that seems to work. (#draco)
                    • Draco T Bastard
                      Considering the replies you actually got it seems to me that the only person who thought your comment was satire was you.
                      As I said, the failure was yours and it still is as you dig yourself deeper.
                    • Te Reo Putake
                      Well, no actually. There were only comments from a minority, one of whom is terminally bewildered, and I’m reasonably sure the majority of regular readers would have twigged the reference to the ‘shoots itself in the foot’ post, which garnered a couple of hundred comments over the weekend (despite apparently being written without the benefit of actually reading Labour’s proposal).
                      And I would have thought the extra exclamation marks, phrases such as ‘capitalists lickspittles’ and the bogus threat to ‘reconsider voting green’ would have been sufficient clues that I wasn’t being entirely serious.
                      Despite what I said in the comment above, I’m going to continue to write sans hash. I credit TS readers with enough nous to spot the occasional joke comment. Plus, it had the additional benefit of making Moz write something so painfully foolish he can’t bring himself to write a correction.
                    • Lanthanide
                      When does Morrissey *ever* admit failure or correct himself?
                      He’s never done it, as far as I can recall.
                    • Rogue Trooper
                      Lanth: Morrissey has demonstrated contrition on occasion; on occasion.
                    • McFlock
                      I agree Rogue,
                      morrissey has admitted being less than perfect on at least one occasion (when the yawning gap between what he claimed and what was objective reality was presented to him in triplicate, presented again, moved around in front of him so that it was shown from every angle and highlights could be pointed out, much discussion was had on the nature of “sameness” and the doctrine of forms, flipcharts and diagrams and dictionaries were in close attendance, and it was made so clear via the use of nine-mile-high neon letters etched in the firmament by God that any dispute on the nature of that particular point would be sufficient evidence to detain the delusional disputant under the mental health act for fear that the universe would explode under the enormity of the logical contradiction).
                      In circumstances similar to that he has readily conceded a typographical error or two.
                    • Rogue Trooper
                      had some funny fodder for lunch Flockie ðŸ˜€
                    • McFlock
                      🙂
                      had a couple of good lines at work, too. Must be the sleep deprivation.
                    • Rogue Trooper
                      Big effort on Mondays, just in case we get lost out-back later in the week. (or have a lay-in).
                    • alwyn
                      It is futile I’m afraid. The only way you can get most people to get what you are saying is to put it quite bluntly and then repeat it over and over.
                      Say something like this
                      Russel Norman’s first name is spelt with ONE L
                      Russel Norman’s first name is spelt with ONE L
                      Russel Norman’s first name is spelt with ONE L.
                      Continue till you have done it about 50 times. It might, and I only say might sink in that they have made a fool of themselves.
                      I tried a minor joke with a comment by Colonial Viper a few days ago. He accidentally put that The Herald was owned by Fairfax. I’m sure he didn’t mean it and he knew it was APN. My comment was simply to ask when Fairfax bought the Herald.
                      Another contributor, who will remain anonymous, then proceeded to berate me and tell me I could look it up myself. Even when I teased him as to how to do that, claiming I couldn’t manage it he didn’t realise that he had got it wrong.
                    • Colonial Viper
                      Alwyn ðŸ™‚
                    • Arfamo
                      The really important question is why does Russel’s name have only one “l”?
                      It’s a bit dodgy, that, don’t you think? I mean, he has two “s”s. Has anyone asked the PM what he thinks?
                      Like, maybe his dad said something like, “Russell, if you go into politics there’ll be ‘l’ to pay”. Or something. It’s the fact nobody’s asking the question that’s got me wondering what’s behind it all.
                    • Very funny Arfamo (sincerely)- the other ‘L’ is silent and therefore not needed to be put in – that is efficiency, which does beg the obvious question…
      • alwyn12.2.2
        Oh hang on Morrissey. I see you have been deliberately mis-spelling Russel Norman’s name as Russell Norman.
        Why is it that, when we try to correct someone’s grammar or spelling, we always screw it up?
    • Ake ake ake12.3
      “I’m going to have to reconsider whether I will give my party vote to the Greens now …..”
      Please excuse me for inquiring – were you ever seriously going to give your party vote to the Greens anyway?
  2. Morrissey13
    My recollection is that Minto was a bit player during the tour…
    Your “recollection” is faulty, or you are a liar. Either way, you are not competent to post anything on this matter.
    • Te Reo Putake13.1
      Hypocrisy watch no.94: Breen, M.
      • felix13.1.1
        lolz
      • McFlock13.1.2
        Lol
        Although it’s actually turned out to be fun watching the scabs thicken over the gulf between his delusions and reality. He’s almost back to near-perfect accuracy ðŸ™‚
      • Morrissey13.1.3
        Your Red China-style campaigns of harassment against me are tiresome, Te Reo. I am sure that that’s the way anyone who sticks his/her head up in your local Labour Party branch is treated, and you might even succeed in cowing some people into submission, or at least make them too afraid to speak.
        Your vigilance and your fanaticism is quite a phenomenon; you’re quite the little apparatchik. If I were a weaker or less confident person, your constant campaign of belittlement and name-calling would have had an effect by now. But you are clearly impervious to the fact that I don’t kow-tow to bullies, and your constant badgering—the equivalent of the National Party’s strategy of hooting and cat-calling in the House—only makes you look bereft of ideas.
        I see you have a couple of faithful servants enthusiastically registering their approval of your little performance; you should pay them a retainer.
        • Ennui13.1.3.1
          The voice of reason, aka one man doctrinaire commissariat , so true M…….I think the most reasonable action Morrissey is to ignore the bastards. Cant recall any of them having anything vaguely amusing interesting to say on a regular basis. Apply the shit filters and save your fingers time on the keyboard in response.
          • Morrissey13.1.3.1.1
            Thanks, Ennui. I know I shouldn’t encourage these gadflies, but that’s me—I can’t resist slapping them. Mind you, I’m in good company: every time Robert Fisk or Noam Chomsky or John Pilger say or write anything, they are attacked in identical fashion by the same kind of people as have had a go at me this morning.
            • blue leopard (Get Lost GCSB Bill)13.1.3.1.1.1
              Well said Ennui & Morrissey
              TRP’s behaviour toward Morrissey (& others) reflect very badly on TRP.
    • grumpy13.2
      You are a fucken schoolboy kid. In Christchurch Trevor Richards was the most visable along with Murray Horton and guys like Graeme Wells. I was as involved as anyone.
      • lprent13.2.1
        That probably was the reason then. I was in Auckland and Hamilton.
      • Tracey13.2.2
        My God. Were you Mandela’s bestest friend forever too?
        • grumpy13.2.2.1
          Nope, back then I think it was Steve Biko was all the go. There are more heroes of the fight for freedom than just Mandela.
          • karol13.2.2.1.1
            Ah, I remember Richards from my youth, in my Christchurch days. My strongest memory is of him frequently being at a friend’s flat/shared house, at the kitchen table, typing away, with a Shostakovich record LP (vinyl) on the turntable playing in the background.
            • grumpy13.2.2.1.1.1
              Richards was a remarkable guy. He seemed to attract the radical fring of which there were a lot in Christchurch. Newnham appealed more to the apolitical or middle of the road market. Together they were very effective. I remember the meeting at a church hall in central Christchurch when Richards made the grand entrance in company with Burgess, the current All black 1st five. You were probably there too Karol.
              • karol
                My memories are from the early 70s, when Trevor Richards was very active in HART (Halt All Racist Tours). I was living in London in 1981.
            • Ennui13.2.2.1.1.2
              K, was the vinyl scratched? (That can tend to make Shostakovitch more bearable). Its actually quite funny seeing film of the protests, my neighbour pointed out to me his image on the pitch in Hamilton. And I often used to see one prominent individual at protests who I met years later, turned out to be a relative of the wife. I have freeze framed Patu and cannot identify myself (little bit of ego tripping….) but in there somewhere I must be.
              What this tells me is that this country is very small, two degrees of separation rigidly self enforces. Which in turn indicates that Key claiming a lack of memory etc somewhat disingenuous. And it makes my lumps and bruises from the protests hurt again to see the prat attending the funeral representing us anti tour protesters.
              • grumpy
                What happened to Bob Burgess? Now there was a hero, chucked away a career as potentially one of the best All Black 1st fives on a matter of principle!
                • Ennui
                  I remember Bob whilst I was still at school marking Barry John against the 1971 Lions. Cant remember if he was in the frame for the previous years tour of Yappieland, or if he refused to go. I do remember him stating anti tour views in 1981 but by then he was well retired and out of the AB frame. I recall seeing Ken Gray at a Wellington protest, and remember Graham Mourie and Bruce Robertson withdrawing from the AB side in protest.
              • Rogue Trooper
                put on the ‘Rach III ðŸ˜€

No comments:

Post a Comment