Wednesday 30 January 2019

“Holed up in Hong Kong” The project to criminalize whistle-blowing and dissent (June 10, 2013)

    • “Holed up in Hong Kong”
      The project to criminalize whistle-blowing and dissent

      Radio NZ National, Checkpoint, Monday 10 June 2013, 5:20 p.m.
      Just heard Susie Ferguson parrot the line that Edward Snowden is “holed up” in Hong Kong. She was, perhaps unwittingly, referring to yet another dissenter as though he’s some desperado who pulled a bank heist.
      It’s started. Expect sexual allegations in the next week, and a “request” for extradition.
      Expect also some diligent reiteration in this normally excellent forum of whatever Obama’s drones say.
      By the usual parrots.
      UPDATE:
      Susie Ferguson has just repeated the “holed up” meme on the 5:30 news.
      • Colonial Viper34.1
        He’s going to have taken money from his employer, I predict revelations of false expense claims and other employment irregularities
        Also I feel sorry for the Missus he left behind, she’s she’ll be in shit street solitary, they’ll be trawling all through her + family’s background
      • Morrissey34.2
        FURTHER UPDATE:
        On the 8 p.m. news, Catriona McLeod has just repeated the meme: “Edward Snowden isholed up in Hong Kong.”
        • McFlock34.2.1
          Damn – did they not rewrite the RNZ news script despite your helpful advice?
          • Morrissey34.2.1.1
            Damn – did they not rewrite the RNZ news script despite your helpful advice?
            Golly, you’re onto it! I DID send them a hurry-up at 5:30 pm. Sound intuition there, my friend. I haven’t checked my email yet; I’ll let you know if and what they replied.
            8:14 pm
            Just checked my email. You’re right, she treated it with contempt. Not even a snarky one-liner, as Jim Mora or Michael Laws or Leighton Smith will at least bother to do.
            Nothing. I am so lonely now. Ignored. Marginalized.
            Now what’s on down the tavern tonight?
            • McFlock34.2.1.1.1
              Was that sarcasm? Because you do sometimes apparently send RNZ emails that you republish here.
              • Morrissey34.2.1.1.1.1
                Was that sarcasm?
                No. I don’t do sarcasm. I leave that to lower forms of life, like our friends Populuxe1, weka and Te Reo Putake.
                Because you do sometimes apparently send RNZ emails that you republish here.
                I do, and there’s nothing “apparent” about them; they are genuine. I’ll have another look to see if they’ve replied, then I’ll publish my letter (probably unanswered, I will bet) on today’s Open Mike (11 June).
                • fender
                  I think you are making a mistake grouping Te Reo Putake and Weka with Pompouslux1 Mr. Breen.
                  • Yep I agree with fender – think again about this line of attack/defence Morrissey it does you no credit.
                    • Morrissey
                      fender: I think you are making a mistake grouping Te Reo Putake and Weka with Pompouslux1 Mr. Breen.
                      Morrissey: Yeah, you’re right. I thought as I posted it off I was being a bit harsh on those two scallywags.
                      marty mars Yep I agree with fender – think again about this line of attack/defence Morrissey it does you no credit.
                      Morrissey: You’re right, marty, you’re right.
                      MORRISSEY walks over to TE REO PUTAKE and WEKA, hugs them.
    • Rhinocrates35
      Iain (M) Banks is dead.
      Fuck.
    • prism36
      Brit’s Haig? commented that their spying activity is not wide, enveloping and random it’s – ‘organised, targeted, appropriate’ and something else that has slipped my mind. Do we feel that the Brit govt is a bastion of freedom and respect for all citizens? Do we think that NZ is?
      • ghostrider88836.1
        likely been some “reciprocal spying” going on amongst Echelon partners”. -Paul Brislen.
        Key- Nah! (to paraphrase briefly).

No comments:

Post a Comment