Saturday 15 June 2019

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a typical White House press secretary (Jun. 16, 2019)

  1. A14
    My thoughts and prayers to those affected by the plane collision over Hood Aerodrome, Masterton.
    • Macro14.1
      OMG! I did used to fly out of Hood way back. In fact did my first solo there and my PPL.
      I remember my first solo – not only because it was my first solo, but for a very similar reason.  On your down wind leg apart from doing the normal pre landing checks on the aircraft you are also looking out for other aircraft . Naturally you are looking out for aircraft to the right and to the left and above and behind. On the approach as you descend you are watching airspeed height and timing your turn to line up with the runway. Well I landed safely and came to a stop turning to the left to clear the runway before heading back to the club house when I saw almost directly behind me a DC3 from James Aviation, used for top dressing, landing just behind me! It had come in on a direct approach low down – no standard circuit at 1000ft as one is supposed to do on an uncontrolled airfield like Hood. Gave me one hell of a fright!
      It's been a bad weekend for aircraft crashes. There was one earlier on up by Coromandel as well.
  2. Morrissey15
    She expressed shock that Trump spoke crudely about women, but apparently she was not shocked that her own husband had a kill list.

No comments:

Post a Comment