Wednesday 18 May 2011

WHO AM I?


WHO AM I? 
   I have been a politician of one sort or another since I was elected to
the Birkenhead Borough Council back in 1977 . 



   I first entered Parliament as a protégé of Rob Muldoon, and was hand- 
picked by him to take over his popular Sunday afternoon radio show
when he retired. 



   As Minister of Police I amalgamated traffic officers and police, at a 
stroke turning jackbooted moustachioed morons into policemen and
policemen into glorified revenue collectors. 



   In my first term as Mayor of Auckland I promoted a motorway through 
Remuera, attacked Asian immigrants, and generally made myself so
unpopular I made the dishwater-wet bran-flake Dick Hubbard electable. 



   In my second term,  I ran on a platform of keeping rates down and then
proceeded to raise them every year I was there. I promised to keep
spending in check, but instead my council spent like a drunken sailor
on a Singapore shore leave while borrowing heavily to keep the party
going. In fact, under my stewardship my council borrowed more than any
other council in the country. 



   I finished this term so unpopular I managed to make the insane self- 
abuser Len Brown electable, and left ratepayers in debt to the tune of
nearly one billion dollars. 



   I am now the ACT Party candidate for the party’s flagship seat in
Parliament, running a platform promoting fiscal responsibility and
opposing this government’s unsustainable spending and borrowing. 

(Clearly, someone is desperate for my money.) 


   Who am I? 

http://pc.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment